Monday 29 August 2011

Family History

We received an email about a Smail Family Re-union in Vermont a few weeks ago. They were keen that Robert Smail would come and join them. Regretfully we had to decline on his behalf as he is of course passed such excitements.

Whilst that's probably the most interesting enquiry we've had we do get regular questions about Robert Smail's descendants - short answer there are none. However his brothers children and grand-children did dispersed themselves out across the globe. I've now added a Page to the blog which summarises what I know about the extended Smail family although the family tree needs a bit more work and there are no sources cited. I'll try and up date it - if I succeed I'll post a note here.

The gent in the photograph is Thomas Scott SMAIL, former Baillie of Jedburgh and if any Smail in the USA is related to our Robert then they are his descendants.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment